Benefits from collaborating among academics on Model Enabled Information Systems
- Model driven information systems Life Cycle Management (LCM) is an emerging shift of paradigm for Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) acquisition
- Conceptual modelling as theory, method and tools is only in its early stages of becoming an every mans, every day intellectual instrument for discovery, exploration, description, analysis, design and communication of knowledge in work life
- Opportunities for on-demand, situation specific information management tools require seamless Conceptual Modeling (CM) to Runtime Systems production chains.
- Teaching Conceptual Modelling and Information systems design in a visual and interactive way
- Training web-based modelling and execution environment available for students, teachers and researcher
- Collaboration between academics (regardless of university) on development and execution of courses, example enterprises and conceptual models etc
- Collaboration between university teachers/ courses and organisations in the university environment e.g. for providing real life cases and practitioners to student groups to work with
- Providing an environment for individuals to learn and train enterprise and information systems modelling and prototyping, from first year and throughout their academic education
- Researching theoretical and practical aspects of conceptual modelling for a wider range of purposes then merely as a specification for construction of computer software
- Metamodels, ontologies and modeling and computing language construction.
- Tools and tool chains for seamless model to runtime system life cycle management
- Creation use and reuse at conceptual mode level